Board members and PADI staff
International day of older people (IDOP)
Tanzania Mission to the Poor and Disabled Profile
Tanzania mission to the Poor and Disabled (PADI) formally known as Ruvuma Mission to the Poor and Disabled (PADI) was established on 17th June 1999 and registered as an NGO on 22nd November 1999 with registration certificate No. So: 10140. On the 3rd September 2008 PADI Complied under the NGO Act (2002) and received registration No. 0795.
PADI mainly deals with supporting older people, MVCs, people with disability, water wells construction, provision of entrepreneurship skills, loans to small businesses and farmers, HIV/AIDS, malaria education, legal aid services, revolving animal schemes and advocating for policy change on age and ageing .
PADI is operating nationally and its head office is located in Songea Municipal depot near Angaza office in Ruvuma with FOUR sub- offices one at Njombe Town, second in Namtumbo District, third is at Unangwa PADI Center and the fourth is in Mbinga District. PADI is an Affiliate of Help Age International.
Our Services Offered
Following service offered by PADI:
- Micro-credit support (Soft loans provision to older people and OVC care givers).
- Revolving animals (Chickens and Goats) Scheme to older people and Disabled Children Careers.
- Community health fund support to older people and their dependents/OVC.
- Improving water supply, conservation and tree planting in sources of water.
- Scholastic material support to Most Vulnerable Children and Disabled.
- Providing basic needs to marginalized groups (older people, MVCs/OVC, people with disability including disbursing funds for medical services through CHF).
- Provision of legal aid education, age Care Education, HIV/AIDS and Malaria education to older people and the community at large.
- Entrepreneurship skills training to IGA groups.
- Formation and registering IGA groups (formalizing Informal IGA groups to CBOs).
PADI has various Policies/Guides/Regulation leading implementation of its work to achieve its objectives, including:
- Human resource manual.
- Financial manual.
- Procurement policy.
- Strategic plan 2018-2023.
- Fraud policy.
- HIV/AIDS Policy.
- Child protection policy.
- Child safeguarding policy.
- Older people policy (adopted national ageing policy).
- Disabled policy (adopted national disabled policy).
PADI holds itself to the highest levels of integrity and has a very strong commitment to the following values:
- Teamwork and Partnership
- Creativity and Innovativeness
- Value for Money
- Mutual respect and Care
AFFILIATION/ MEMBERSHIP/ PARTINERS:
PADI is linked to Local, National and International NGOs in Tanzania and outside Tanzania.
a) AFFILIATION/ MEMBERSHIP:
- PADI is an Affiliate of Help Age International since October 2011.
- Peer Water Exchange/Blue Planet Run Foundation (BPRF) a USA water focused organization since July. 2008.
- TANGO -Tanzania Association of Non-Governmental Organization since 2000.
- SONNGO- Songea Network of Non- Governmental Organization since 2003.
- TSPN –Tanzania Social Protection Network since 2010.
- TOP- Tanzania older People Platform.
b) OUR LOCAL PARTNERS: PADI works with other CBOs / NGOs;
- KIWAUTA – Kilio cha waathirika Tanzania.
- PADI has been appointed as Tanzania Social Protection Network Host (with 33 members- registered organization).
- MAPAO-Makete paralegal Organization.
- LWAPAO-Lwandachene Paralegal Organization.
- LUPAO-Ludewa Paralegal Organization.
- TUMO- Tulilumwi Makambako Organization.
- NYOMAPACE: Nyombo Makambako Paralegal Center.
- NJOPACE: Njombe Paralegal Center.